The Network Wide Events (NWE) in SEPOMO consisted of multiple program elements, spread over a full week and each time held at a different host institute location:
- Network Schools: aimed to introduce the ESRs to the scientific topics related to Organic Solar Cells and Organic Electronics and were composed of tutorial lectures given by senior researchers and invited experts. Also firsthand sessions were organized to give the ESRs direct experience on experiments and simulations.
- Network Workshops: aimed to train the ESRs in complementary and transferable skills.
- Network Meetings: aimed to train the ESRs in presenting their research results with direct feedback from senior researchers and other ESRs, and to proactively stimulate the exchange of ideas and collaboration between the ESRs.
The first Network Wide Event has been held in Angers, France from November 13th to 17th, 2017.
- Network School Theme: Design and Synthesis of Organic Materials
- Network School Workshop(s): Literature Search, Academic Writing, Presentation Skills & Delivery, Scientific Integrity, Figure Making.
The second Network Wide Event has been held in Dresden, Germany from April 9th to 13th, 2018.
- Network School Theme: Processing of Organic Solar Cells
- Network School Workshop(s): My Own Solar Cell, Self- and Time Management, Introduction and Characterization of Organic Solar Cells (EQE, IV, sensitive EQE)
The third Network Wide Event has been held in Hastings & Oxford, United Kingdom from December 10th to 14th, 2018.
- Network School Theme: Experimental Characterization of Organic Solar Cells
- Network School Workshop(s): Introduction to Selling Science, Define Your Product and Research Data Management.
- Company visit: Kurt J. Lesker Ltd.
- Mid Term Review Meeting
The fourth Network Wide Event has been held in Mons, Belgium from April 9th to 12th, 2019.
- Network School Theme: Computational Modelling of Spin Sensitive Optoelectronic Processes
- Network School Workshop(s): Grant Writing, Project Management, Public Relations, ESR Modelling School “Do It Yourself”
The fifth Network Wide Event has been held in Barcelona, Spain from November 10th to 13th, 2019.
- Network School Theme: Upscaling and solution processing of organic solar cells
- Network School Workshop(s): Upscaling and solution processing of organic solar cells
- Company visit: Eurecat Pilot Plant, ALBA Synchrotron and ICMAB
The sixth Network Wide Event – including the Final Conference – was scheduled to take place in Chemnitz, Germany from March 22nd to 26th, 2020. Due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and quarantine restrictions implemented by European governments, the physical meeting had to be cancelled. Instead, the Final Conference has been held remotely via Zoom on April 9th, 2020.
The seventh Network Wide Event has been held via Zoom on September 29th, 2020. This event consisted of a Network School only, with scientific talks by prof. Sandrine Heutz (Imperial College), prof. Yana Vaynzof (TU Dresden), prof. Alessio Gagliardi (TU München) and prof. Jenny Nelson (Imperial College).